Lower Facelift / with Neck Tacoma
Occasionally the natural aging processes affect only the lower face or neck. Those changes caused by gravity and extended long-term sun exposure can result in the lower face appearing unevenly aged or the neck being characterized by loose hanging skin which has lost its elasticity. As in a full facelift, the visible signs of aging are improved by surgical repositioning of loose fat, tightening of underlying muscles and redraping of the lower face and neck skin.
An appropriate candidate for a lower facelift is a man or a woman who has loose skin around the cheek and mouth region or along the jaw line; isolated deposits of fat, or “jowls,” may be present near the jaw. A person with sagging neck skin that is inelastic and possibly “wiggles” may be a good candidate for a neck lift. While neither of these surgeries can truly restore the health and vitality of a person’s youth, each can often provide a younger richer look that may enhance one’s self-image in the process.
Are You a Good Candidate?
- If you have experienced a loss of skin elasticity and muscle tone of the face and neck.
- If you have the appearance of jowls and deep creases between the base of the nose and the corners of the mouth.
- If you have developed facial and neck wrinkles.
- If you believe you lack youthful chin and neck contours.
- If you think you have a tired facial appearance.
- A more rested and youthful contour to the face and neck.
- The operation is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.
- The incisions are made within the hairline (or along the hair margin) above the ear, extending down around the lobe and ending in or below the hairline behind the ear. The subcutaneous layers and neck muscles are tightened, the facial skin is re-draped and lifted, and the excess skin is removed.
Recuperation and Healing
- The patient goes home with head and neck wrapped in dressings, which are usually removed the next day.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Sutures are dissolvable. Bruising and swelling decrease in 10 to 20 days.
- The result can be seen in 4 to 6 weeks or sooner with continued improvement for several months.
- Additional procedures that would enhance the result are: Full Face Lift, Eyelid Lift, Brow Lift, Chin Enlargement, Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty), Liposuction, Laser Skin Resurfacing, Cheekbone Enhancement, and Reduction of Earlobes.
- This procedure is considered cosmetic and is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for the full payment.
- The specific risk and suitability of the procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual.