Liposuction Conveniently located to serve Puyallup, Tacoma, Federal Way, and Bonney Lake
Liposuction, also called lipoplasty or suction-assisted lipectomy, removes deposits of excess fat from specific areas of your body or face and neck. For example, it can help to slim your hips and thighs, flatten your abdomen, or reduce a double chin.
Liposuction is particularly well suited for women and men who are of relatively normal weight but have isolated pockets of fat that cause certain areas of the body to appear disproportionate. These localized fat deposits may sometimes be an inherited trait and typically do not respond to dieting or exercise. Liposuction is often the only way to eliminate them.
Tumescent liposuction involves filling the area of concern with fluid prior to suctioning. Ultrasonic liposuction is a technique which heats and vaporizes fat prior to its removal.
Liposuction can be performed for persons of almost any age. However, the best results are usually obtained if your skin still has enough elasticity to achieve a smooth contour following fat removal. If skin is inelastic, as it is in some older patients, it may not reshape well and a skin tightening or skin excision operation may be necessary.
I have already recommended Dr. Kierney’s office to my friends, and will absolutely return for other services
Are You a Good Candidate?
- If you have excess subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise.
- If you wish to change the contour of your body. Commonly involved areas are the:
- Inner Knees
- Male Chest
- Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes.
- A permanent improvement in the contour and proportion of the treated area of concern.
- A more flattering figure or physique, in or out of clothing.
- The procedure is done on an outpatient basis.
- General anesthesia is usually used for safety and comfort.
- Small suction tubes (cannulas) are inserted through very short incisions placed in inconspicuous locations near the fat deposit, and excess fat is removed.
Recuperation and Healing
- The patient goes home with a compression garment covering the treated areas. Compression is advised for 4 to 6 weeks as it helps reduce swelling and helps you to achieve the final result more quickly. Once pain and soreness decrease, it is frequently more comfortable to wear lycra or spandex exercise pants or a store bought girdle.
- Post Operative massage is often used 1 to 2 weeks after surgery to decrease swelling, bruising, and promote healing.
- Bruising and swelling usually resolve in 2 to 4 weeks. The final result often takes shape over 2 to 3 months.
- Additional procedures that could enhance the result are Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty), Breast Reduction, Breast Lift, Breast Augmentation, Thigh Lift.
- This procedure is considered cosmetic and is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for the full payment.
- The specific risk and suitability of the procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Such possible complications are best reviewed with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery.
Contact us to Schedule a Consultation!