Breast Augmentation Conveniently located to serve Puyallup, Tacoma, Federal Way, and Bonney Lake
If you have often wished that your breasts were larger, fuller, or more shapely, breast augmentation surgery may be the right choice for you. Breast augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that uses saline or silicone implants to enlarge and shape the breasts.
Why Breast Augmentation?
A decision more and more women are making every day is to have breast augmentation. Advances in breast implant technology and surgical technique are making breast augmentation a popular option among women of all ages desiring a change in the way they look. The decision to undergo breast augmentation may result in a better-proportioned figure, more clothing options, and a more positive self-image.
Are You a Good Candidate?
If you’re interested in undergoing breast augmentation, it’s important that you first schedule a consultation in our office to find out if you’re a good candidate for the procedure. During your consultation, we’ll discuss the details of the procedure, assess your body, and go over your medical history to make sure you are in good general health.
The best candidates for the procedure are:
- Women who desire larger breasts
- Women with smaller breasts and a moderate degree of breast sagging.
- Women who have one breast that is noticeably smaller than the other.
- Women who have realistic expectations about the end result.
- Larger and more shapely breasts.
- A more positive self-image.
- Improved bodily proportions
- The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.
- A small incision is made either under the breast, under the arm, or near the nipple/areola.
- A saline or silicone implant is inserted under the breast tissue or under the underlying pectoralis major muscle.
Recuperation and Healing
- The patient goes home in a compression wrap. This helps to hold the breast in the correct position and provides comfort.
- Initial discomfort is controlled with oral medication.
- Sutures usually dissolve on their own.
- Light activities can be resumed as tolerated. Aerobic activities and other exercise routines can be started in about 4 – 6 weeks.
- Many women are able to return to work in 5 to 7 days or less.
- An additional procedure that may enhance the result is a Mastopexy (breast lift). A Mastopexy is indicated If the breasts are saggy (ptotic) in addition to being small.
This procedure is considered cosmetic and is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for the full payment. However, we do offer cosmetic surgery financing through CareCredit. We can discuss a variety of financing options while planning your cosmetic surgery needs.
- The specific risk and suitability of the procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Such possible complications are best reviewed with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery.
Contact Our Office
If you desire larger and more shapely breasts, breast augmentation is exactly what you need to achieve your aesthetic goals. Doctors Phillip Kierney and C.J. Lynn Chung are board-certified plastic surgeons who can help guide you through the entire process from beginning to end.
Contact us to Schedule a Consultation!