Abdominoplasty Conveniently located to serve Puyallup, Tacoma, Federal Way, and Bonney Lake
Do you have loose, saggy skin and stubborn fat in your abdominal area that won’t go away no matter how hard you try? If your diet and exercise plan hasn’t been working for you, then it’s time to consider a little surgical intervention in the form of an abdominoplasty.
What is an Abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty ~ or tummy tuck ~ is a surgical procedure designed to help men and women achieve the aesthetically pleasing abdominal contours of their dreams. It is best suited for women and men who are in relatively good shape, but have loose abdominal skin and/or a significant amount of abdominal fat that will not respond to dieting or exercise.
Abdominoplasty is an operation designed to firm and smooth the abdomen and stomach area. This cosmetic procedure removes excess skin and fat from the abdomen and may also tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall. The result is a flatter, tighter abdominal profile.
A flat stomach is important to a physically fit appearance. However, a healthy diet and regular abdominal workouts can sometimes do little to eliminate accumulations of excess fat and loose, sagging skin in the abdominal area. If you are bothered by these problems, abdominoplasty may be a good choice for you.
Are You a Good Candidate?
Good candidates for abdominoplasty are those who are in good health and free from any underlying conditions that could increase the risks of the surgery. The best candidates are those who:
- Have loose or sagging abdominal skin frequently associated with abnormal relaxation of the anterior abdominal wall muscles (frequently due to multiple pregnancies or prior surgery).
- Are unable to tighten abdominal skin with exercise.
The intended results of an abdominoplasty is a smoother, more defined abdominal profile that you can confidently show off. Our team will work to assess your unique contours and develop a surgical plan suited to your specific needs during a consultation.
- A smoother flatter abdomen.
What Does an Abdominoplasty Involve?
An abdominoplasty is an invasive surgical procedure that requires your doctor to make strategically placed incisions to gain access to the stubborn fat and excess skin in the underlying area. The procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia in an outpatient setting. A standard abdominoplasty tightens the main abdominal wall muscles and removes excess sagging skin.
Recuperation and Healing
Since the abdominoplasty is an invasive surgical procedure, patients undergoing the surgery should be prepared to take some time off of work and other normal activities to rest and recover.
A few details you should understand before undergoing the procedure include:
- Abdominoplasty can be an uncomfortable plastic surgery procedure, which may require extended time away from work.
- Assistance at home is often needed for 1 to 3 days after surgery.
- You will be encouraged to be moving and walking regularly within 1 to 2 days.
- Light activity is comfortable in 10 to 20 days. You will be able to resume sports and normal exercise routines in about 6 weeks.
- Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift.
- This procedure is considered cosmetic and is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for the full payment.
- The specific risk and suitability of the procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Such possible complications are best reviewed with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery.
Contact Our Office
If you’re interested in learning more about abdominoplasty, contact us to schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons, Dr. Lynn Chung and Dr. Philip Kierny. Our highly skilled team will ensure optimal care and comfort as you go through the entire process.
Contact us to Schedule a Consultation!