Smartlipo Laser Body Sculpting
Revolutionary treatment literally melts away fat in trouble spots like your abdomen, thighs, arms, and neck. The results last longer than dieting or exercise and the treatment is minimally invasive.
* Individual results may vary.
View before-and-after pictures of real patients of Dr. Philip C. Kierney
SmartLipo is a procedure for fat removal that serves as an alternative or supplement to traditional liposuction methods. SmartLipo uses lasers to target and liquefy subcutaneous fats under the skin.
The use of SmartLipo™ as a supplement to traditional liposuction has been claimed to create more refined results than those achieved with liposuction alone. SmartLipo™ promotes the development of collagen, eliminating additional skin lifting surgeries and improving the overall appearance of the treated area.
Are You a Good Candidate?
- Overall in good health (exercise regularly and are within 25 lbs of your ideal weight).
- If you wish to change the contours of your body, commonly involved areas are the upper arm, bra-lines, abdomen, love handles, thighs, and under the chin.
- If you have areas of excess fat under the skin, which is resistant to diet and exercise.
- An improvement in the contour, shape, and proportion of the treated areas.
- A more flattering figure or physique, in or out of clothing.
- Improved body symmetry and proportion.
Thank you all so much for making this procedure so pleasant and relaxing … Every Staff member made me feel at ease and took such great care to make this a pleasant experience … appreciate the time and kind service.
Thanks again, M.B.
- Performed on small zones and on an outpatient basis.
- General anesthesia is usually used for safety and comfort.
- Sterile fluid (normal saline) is injected into the areas of excess fat, in a tumescent fashion to swell or enlarge the fat cells so that more of their surface areas are exposed to the Smartlipo™ laser.
- The fat is then liquefied by a small laser probe (Smartlipo™).
- A small probe is then inserted into the fat through very short incisions, placed in inconspicuous locations near the fat deposits, and the liquefied fat is removed via an aspirator.
Recuperation and Healing
- May go home after the procedure with a compression garment covering the treated areas.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Minor bruising and swelling may be experienced within the first few days.
- Can resume normal daily activities in about one week.
- Skin typically is back to normal within three months’ time.
- Additional procedures that could enhance the result are Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty), Breast Reduction, Breast Lift, Breast Augmentation and Thigh Lift.
- This procedure is considered cosmetic and is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for the full payment.
- The specific risk and suitability of the procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Such possible complications are best reviewed with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery.
- No photographs are currently available for this procedure.
Cost of SmartLipo in Tacoma, WA
The cost of SmartLipo will depend on several factors. The price can be affected by body type, type of technique performed, surgical complications, and even allergies. Find out more by scheduling a consultation.
Schedule a Consultation
If you have any questions about SmartLipo in Tacoma or would like to book a consultation with Dr. Kierney, please contact us today. Our skilled team can help you get the sculpted body you have always desired.
Related Blog Posts
Liposuction is performed to remove excess fat deposits from a specific area of the body or face. Liposuction is ideal for men and women who are healthy, but have struggled to loose stubborn pockets of fat that have been resistant to diet and exercise. There are a few different types of liposuction. Tumescent liposuction is performed…
Tummy Tuck Puyallup
The abdominoplasty procedure, also called Tummy Tuck, is performed on men and women who have excess, loose abdominal skin or excess fat in the abdomen that is not responding to diet and exercise.