Eyelid Surgery Conveniently located to serve Puyallup, Tacoma, Federal Way, and Bonney Lake
Eyelid surgery is a procedure that removes fat and excess skin from the upper and lower eyelids. These features can make you look older and more tired than you feel and may even interfere with your vision. Eyelid surgery can correct drooping upper lids and puffy bags below your eyes. However, it won’t remove crow’s feet or other wrinkles, eliminate dark circles under your eyes, or lift sagging eyebrows. Blepharoplasty can be done alone or in conjunction with other facial surgery procedures such as a facelift or browlift.
Are You a Good Candidate?
The best candidates for eyelid surgery are men and women who are physically healthy, psychologically stable, and realistic in their expectations. Other factors that determine candidacy include:
- Excessive, sagging, or wrinkled upper or lower eyelid skin.
- Excess upper eyelid skin that interferes with vision.
- You have lost your natural upper eyelid crease.
- You have puffy pouches of fat in the upper or lower lids that create a tired or aged appearance.
We’ll perform an initial assessment of your eyelids and ask about your medical history to help determine blepharoplasty is the right procedure for you. It can help enhance your appearance and your self-image.
- A more rested and youthful appearance of the eyes. The operation is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.
- Widening of visual fields where excessive upper eyelid skin has partially blocked vision.
- It will remove or erase all wrinkle lines and soften fine wrinkle lines.
- The operation is done on an outpatient basis usually under general anesthesia.
- Incisions are made where the natural crease should be in the upper lids. Excess fat and skin are removed. Fine lines may be smoothed with a laser and need no incisions.
- If only excess fat is present in the lower lids, it may be removed through an incision inside the lower lids with no external incision or scar.
Recuperation and Healing
- All sutures are dissolving.
- Initial mild discomfort is easily controlled with oral medications and ice packs.
- Bruising and sensitivity to light last at least a week or two. Swelling progressively disappears over several weeks.
- Eye makeup can be used about one week after surgery.
- Cosmetic makeovers may be scheduled at one and a half weeks post operatively.
- Contact lenses can be worn when comfortable – – – usually within seven to ten days.
Additional procedures that would enhance the results are:
- This procedure is considered cosmetic and the patient is responsible for full payment.
- The specific risk and suitability of the procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual.
Contact Our Office
If you’re interested in learning more about eyelid surgery, don’t hesitate to contact our office to schedule your initial consultation. The skilled team of Washington Cosmetic Surgery will happily guide you through the entire surgical process and address any concerns you have along the way.