Full Facelift Conveniently located to serve Puyallup, Tacoma, Federal Way, and Bonney Lake
As people age, the effects of gravity, exposure to the sun, and the stresses of daily life can be seen in their faces. A facelift can’t stop this aging process. What it can do is improve the most visible signs of aging by removing excess fat, tightening underlying muscles, and redraping the skin of the face and neck. A facelift can be done alone or in conjunction with other procedures such as a forehead lift, eyelid surgery, or nose reshaping.
The best candidate for a facelift is a man or woman whose face and neck have begun to sag, but whose skin still has some elasticity and whose bone structure is strong and well defined. A facelift can make you look younger and fresher, and also it may enhance your self-image in the process. It can not give you a totally different look, nor can it restore the health and vitality of your youth.
Are You a Good Candidate?
- If you have experienced a loss of skin elasticity and muscle tone of the face and neck.
- If you have the appearance of jowls and deep creases between the base of the nose and the corners of the mouth.
- If you have developed facial and neck wrinkles.
- If you believe you lack youthful chin and neck contours.
- If you think you have a tired facial appearance.
- A more rested and youthful contour to the face and neck.
- The operation is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.
- The incisions are made within the hairline (or along the hair margin) above the ear, extending down around the lobe and ending in or below the hairline behind the ear. The subcutaneous layers and neck muscles are tightened, the facial skin is re-draped and lifted, and the excess skin is removed.
Recuperation and Healing
- The patient goes home with head and neck wrapped in dressings, which are usually removed the next day.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Sutures are dissolvable. Bruising and swelling decrease in 10 to 20 days.
- The result can be seen in 4 to 6 weeks or sooner with continued improvement for several months.
- Additional procedures that would enhance the result are: Eyelid Lift, Brow Lift, Chin Enlargement, Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty), Liposuction, Laser Skin Resurfacing, Cheekbone Enhancement, and Reduction of Earlobes.
How Much Does a Full Facelift Cost?
- A full facelift is customized from the ground up to address the individual needs of each patient. During your consultation, a full examination of your facial features will be performed to determine the ideal treatment plan for your aesthetic goals. The cost of the facelift will also be discussed after a plan of action has been determined. This procedure is considered cosmetic and is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for the full payment.
Contact Our Office
- If you’re interested in learning more about the full facelift in our Bonney Lake plastic surgery facility, contact our office to schedule your informative consultation today.
- The specific risk and suitability of the procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual.