Forehead Lift / Endoscopic
While no one can avoid the effects of aging, a forehead lift, also known as a brow lift, can minimize some of the most visible signs including drooping eyebrows, “hooding” over the eyes, forehead furrows, and frown lines that come with age.
Recent advances in plastic surgery have made the forehead lift a relatively simple procedure with results that last from 5 to 10 years or longer. During an endoscopic forehead lift procedure in Tacoma, the muscles and skin that cause the problems are removed or altered to smooth the forehead, raise the upper eyelids and minimize frown lines. It can be performed alone, or in conjunction with other procedures, such as a facelift, eyelid surgery, or nose reshaping.
Men and women of any age may be good candidates for a forehead lift in Tacoma. While the operation is most commonly performed on people in their forties to sixties to slow the visible effects of aging, it can also help people with inherited conditions, such as a droopy brow or furrowed lines above the nose. If you are bald or have a receding hairline, you may still be a good candidate for a forehead lift. Your surgeon will simply alter the location of the incision to camouflage it as much as possible.
A forehead lift can enhance your appearance and your self-image, but it won’t necessarily cause other people to treat you differently. Before you decide to have surgery, think carefully about your expectations and discuss them with your surgeon.
Are You a Good Candidate?
- If you have a sagging forehead or brows that hang too low and too close to the eyes.
- If you have deep vertical furrows between the eyebrows (frown lines).
- A more youthful and rested appearance to the forehead and upper eyelids.
- The operation is done under general anesthesia in an outpatient setting.
- The operation can be done using an endoscope (a narrow hollow instrument with a fiber optic light source and camera, through which surgical instruments are passed in order to perform the operation).
- The forehead skin is lifted and repositioned. The muscles that cause frown lines are weakened.
Recuperation and Healing
- The patient goes home with the head wrapped in dressings, which are usually removed on the first day after surgery.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Sutures or staples are removed within 10 days.
- Most swelling and bruising are gone in about 7 to 10 days.
- Additional procedures that may enhance the result are upper and lower eyelid lift, facelift, or other facial procedures or implants.
Forehead Lift Cost
The cost of a forehead lift in Tacoma will depend on several factors. The price can be affected by body type, type of technique performed, surgical complications, and even allergies. Find out more by scheduling a consultation.
If you are looking to put yourself first, pamper yourself or boost your confidence- this is where you need to go. All around great hospitality and service. Not only do they respond promptly, they also go the extra mile and make sure your needs are met. Safe and clean facility that exceeds expectations! I highly recommend Dr. Chung. You will not be disappointed!
- This procedure is considered cosmetic and is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for the full payment.
- The specific risk and suitability of the procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Such possible complications are best reviewed with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery.
Contact Our Office
Schedule your consultation for a Forehead Lift in Tacoma – contact Doctors Phillip Kierney and C.J. Lynn Chung and set up your appointment. During your appointment, you will be able to ask questions and bring up any concerns you may have about the procedure. Contact us today to get the look you’ve always wanted!
Related Blog Posts