Lower Facelift / with Neck
Occasionally the natural aging processes affect only the lower face or neck. Those changes caused by gravity and extended long-term sun exposure can result in the lower face appearing unevenly aged or the neck being characterized by loose hanging skin which has lost its elasticity. As in a full facelift, the visible signs of aging are improved by the surgical repositioning of loose fat, tightening of underlying muscles, and redraping of the lower face and neck skin.
An appropriate candidate for a lower facelift is a man or a woman who has loose skin around the cheek and mouth region or along the jawline; isolated deposits of fat, or “jowls,” may be present near the jaw. A person with sagging neck skin that is inelastic and possibly “wiggles” may be a good candidate for a neck lift. While neither of these surgeries can truly restore the health and vitality of a person’s youth, each can often provide a younger richer look that may enhance one’s self-image in the process. If you are interested in a lower facelift or neck lift in Tacoma, consult with a qualified plastic surgeon to see if you are a good candidate.
Are You a Good Candidate?
- If you have experienced a loss of skin elasticity and muscle tone of the face and neck.
- If you have the appearance of jowls and deep creases between the base of the nose and the corners of the mouth.
- If you have developed facial and neck wrinkles.
- If you believe you lack youthful chin and neck contours.
- If you think you have a tired facial appearance.
- A more rested and youthful contour to the face and neck.
- The operation is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.
- The incisions are made within the hairline (or along the hair margin) above the ear, extending down around the lobe and ending in or below the hairline behind the ear. The subcutaneous layers and neck muscles are tightened, the facial skin is re-draped and lifted, and the excess skin is removed.
I wanted to write and thank you all personally for being such a huge part of this journey. I was treated with such care and I feel I had the best possible experience. Thank you for helping me change my life. Without all of you I could never have transformed my body. Thank you, I am so thrilled with this second chance!
Recuperation and Healing
- The patient goes home with head and neck wrapped in dressings, which are usually removed the next day.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Sutures are dissolvable. Bruising and swelling decrease in 10 to 20 days.
- The result can be seen in 4 to 6 weeks or sooner with continued improvement for several months.
- Additional procedures that would enhance the result are Full Face Lift, Eyelid Lift, Brow Lift, Chin Enlargement, Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty), Liposuction, Laser Skin Resurfacing, Cheekbone Enhancement, and Reduction of Earlobes.
- This procedure is considered cosmetic and is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for the full payment.
- The specific risk and suitability of the procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual.
How Much Does Lower Facelift / with Neck Cost?
The cost of a Lower Facelift / with Neck in Tacoma will depend on several factors. The price can be affected by body type, type of technique performed, surgical complications, and even allergies. Find out more by scheduling a consultation.
Contact Our Office
The early signs of aging can dramatically alter your facial appearance, making you appear much older than you feel. A lower facelift can help rectify these changes and rejuvenate your youthful look. If you’re interested in learning more about the lower facelift procedure in Tacoma, contact our office to schedule your informative consultation today.
Related Blog Posts
Neck Lifts Sculpt and Contour a Drooping Neck
It is difficult to hide your age since aging brings along with it wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin and fat pockets that are clearly visible on your face and neck. However, cosmetic science has advanced and come a long way over… Read More
Brow Lift Tacoma
Millions the world over suffer from ageing related problems or physical injury that affects the nose. These can disfigure the shape of the nose and create aesthetic and medical complications if serious… Read More