Available in our practice for the past several years, Botox ® is now an FDA-approved non-surgical therapy for displeasing and unwanted facial wrinkles. Botox ® injections contribute greatly to facial rejuvenation by controlling skin creases and wrinkles in the regions of the nose, forehead, eyes, and mouth. By relaxing overactive facial muscles, Botox ® therapy minimizes the unwelcome look of “being angry” or “scowling” and, instead, provides a smoother softer appearance to facial skin.
Treatment sessions are easy and fast with essentially no recovery period; results can last several months or more. Used either alone or in conjunction with a variety of surgical procedures such as facelift, browlift, or eyelid surgery, Botox ® therapy is an effective adjunct to facial rejuvenation and the appearance of smooth healthy skin.
Are You a Good Candidate?
Botox is an excellent cosmetic treatment for those who desire a smoother, more youthful look without the need for highly invasive surgery. Good candidates for the surgery have:
- If you have excessive facial wrinkles.
- Large wrinkles or furrows in your forehead.
- Small wrinkles or “crow’s feet” around your eyes.
- A vertical “frown line” between your eyebrows.
Botox is a quick and easy treatment process that can be performed in as little as 15 minutes. No anesthesia is required. It involves a few tiny injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic directly into the muscles that cause those moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows. Patients can return to their normal activities as soon as it is completed.
Recuperation and Healing
- No downtime is needed.
- Specific aftercare instructions will be given.
- Side effects associated with the injection may include mild localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
- This procedure is considered cosmetic and is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for the full payment.
- The specific risk and suitability of the procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual.
Contact Our Office
If you’re interested in learning more about Botox, don’t hesitate to contact our office. Our wonderful team will help guide you through the process and answer any of the questions you have along the way.