Male Body Contouring
Men are frequently affected by discreet physical changes to the chest or trunk and abdomen.
Gynecomastia – prominent focal collections of breast tissue – often result in significant cosmetic concerns for men. Although typically of no major health risk, the tissues protrude from the chest causing a displeasing or embarrassing appearance.
Liposuction is a very effective technique for removing the soft breast tissue while a small incision may be necessary to remove isolated elements of thick firm tissue. Liposuction is also often an excellent option for men with isolated collections of bothersome fat distributed throughout the abdomen, belt line, or flanks (“love handles”). These areas of fat are sometimes an inherited trait and may not respond to diet, exercise, or other weight-loss regimens. Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck, is also very effective in smoothing and refining the male abdomen particularly if the skin is loose or stretched such as after weight-loss surgery.
Are You a Good Candidate?
- If you have excess subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise.
- If you wish to change the contour of your body. Commonly involved areas are the:
- Male Chest
- Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes.
* Individual results may vary.
Male Breast Reduction Gallery
View before-and-after pictures of real patients of Dr. Philip C. Kierney
- A permanent improvement in the contour and proportion of the treated area of concern
- A more flattering figure or physique, in or out of clothing.
- The procedure is done on an outpatient basis.
- General anesthesia is usually used for safety and comfort.
- Small suction tubes (cannulas) are inserted through very short incisions placed in inconspicuous locations near the fat deposit, and excess fat is removed.
Recuperation and Healing
- The patient goes home with a compression garment covering the treated areas. Compression is advised for 4 to 6 weeks as it helps reduce swelling and helps you to achieve the final result more quickly. Once pain and soreness decrease, it is frequently more comfortable to wear lycra or spandex exercise pants or a store-bought girdle.
- Post Operative massage is often used 1 to 2 weeks after surgery to decrease swelling, and bruising, and promote healing.
- Bruising and swelling usually resolve in 2 to 4 weeks. The final result often takes shape over 2 to 3 months.
I wanted to write and thank you all personally for being such a huge part of this journey. I was treated with such care and I feel I had the best possible experience. Thank you for helping me change my life. Without all of you I could never have transformed my body. Thank you, I am so thrilled with this second chance!
- Additional procedures that could enhance the result is a Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- These procedures are usually considered cosmetic and are not covered by insurance. The patient is typically responsible for the full payment.
- The specific risk and suitability of the procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual. Such possible complications are best reviewed with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery.
- No photographs are currently available for this procedure.
Cost of Male Body Contouring in Tacoma, WA
The cost of Male Body Contouring will depend on several factors. The price can be affected by body type, type of technique performed, surgical complications, and even allergies. Find out more by scheduling a consultation.
Schedule a Consultation
If you’re interested in learning more about Male Body Contouring in our Tacoma office, contact us to schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons, Dr. Lynn Chung and Dr. Philip Kierny. Our highly skilled team will ensure optimal care and comfort as you go through the entire process.
Related Blog Posts
Liposuction is performed to remove excess fat deposits from a specific area of the body or face. Liposuction is ideal for men and women who are healthy, but have struggled to loose stubborn pockets of fat that have been resistant to diet and exercise. There are a few different types of liposuction. Tumescent liposuction is performed…
Tummy Tuck Puyallup
The abdominoplasty procedure, also called Tummy Tuck, is performed on men and women who have excess, loose abdominal skin or excess fat in the abdomen that is not responding to diet and exercise.