Botox Cosmetic Tacoma
Available in our practice for the past several years, Botox ® is now an FDA-approved non-surgical therapy for displeasing and unwanted facial wrinkles. Botox ® injections contribute greatly to facial rejuvenation by controlling skin creases and wrinkles in the regions of the nose, forehead, eyes and mouth. By relaxing overactive facial muscles, Botox ® therapy minimizes the unwelcome look of “being angry” or “scowling” and, instead, provides a smoother softer appearance to facial skin.
Treatment sessions are easy and fast with essentially no recovery period; results can last several months or more. Used either alone or in conjunction with a variety of surgical procedures such as facelift, browlift, or eyelid surgery, Botox ® therapy is an effective adjunct to facial rejuvenation and the appearance of smooth healthy skin.
Are You a Good Candidate?
- If you have excessive facial wrinkles.
- Large wrinkles or furrows in your forehead.
- Small wrinkles or “crow’s feet” around your eyes.
- A vertical “frown line” between your eyebrows.
- No anesthesia is required. A few tiny injections of BOTOX® Cosmetic directly into the muscles that cause those moderate-to-severe frown lines between the brows. Approximately 10 – 15 minutes for the entire treatment.
Recuperation and Healing
- No downtime is needed.
- Specific aftercare instructions will be given.
- Side effects associated with the injection may include mild localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
- This procedure is considered cosmetic and is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for the full payment.
- The specific risk and suitability of the procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual.